Re: binding object id's to objects...

On 5 Jul 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> We've definitely wanted ways to get the IID (and other oafinfo data)
> off a running object with Nautilus and for now handle it by keeping
> this info around.

If this is bonobo-specific, a way to do it is probably through a tiny
separate interface that just returns the IID.

Main comment is on "other oafinfo data" - I think this is a bad idea
because it causes duplication of info with OAF. The 'right' approach is to
get IID from the object and then run an OAF query to get the full object
info.

-- Elliot
The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8 meters per second per second.