Re: gettext domain(s) and Bonobo

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 07:07:05PM -0500, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Sergey I. Panov wrote:
>
> > I think that domain problem is even bigger --- e.g. if gill object
> > is plugged into abiword, then, when menu is replaced by gill menu
> > we will loose translations. E.g. when I insert image or mines component
> > in gnumeric it still searching gnumeric domain:
>
> >  There should be some way to pass gettext domain and use
> > dgettext(COMPONENT_DOMAIN, str) for strings translation.
>
> The way that I have been using so far (and the way that seems to work
> best) is just to have the text translated at the source of the text.
> Before passing text to gnumeric, the mines component should translate it.

 I agree. I realized it would be better next minute after I've mailed
my message. There will be situations when servant is on a different
host and there is no translations for it on a local machine.

 But in that case:
  1) there should not be attempt to translate messages on the client side
  2) client should pass to servant nessasary locale settings.

 Sergey