[Fwd: Control::reactivate_and_undo]

[ Just so people know the context of the discussion... ]

I believe this method should not be present in Control. I am not sure what a Control would do with such a call. It would be highly undesirable for a control to be required to implement this call since it would require the control have logic present at runtime that would only be usable at design time (and complicated logic at that). Ole and ActiveX have a similar method, but ActiveX controls are expected not to implement it (isn't ActiveX lovely). Neither we, ATL, nor MFC (for controls) implement this call. I am also not aware of any containers that would actually call it. Maybe it should be moved down to the View interface or Embeddable. This seems like a very natural call for a spreadsheet or word-processor to implement but very unnatural for a control. No control spec that I am aware of, ours, ActiveX, and JavaBeans, has require the control handle its own undo.

Chuck.