bonobo-text-plain crash

Elliot Lee writes:

 > My guess is that the bonobo_object_data is getting destroyed before the
 > view, but I don't know enough about this component to comment. Anyone
 > else?

    Fixed in my last commit.  You're right, it was getting destroyed
before the views were destroyed.  This is because
bonobo_embeddable_destroy automatically kills all the views associated
with the BonoboEmbeddable which is dying.  Our signal handler wasn't
called until after bonobo_embeddable_destroy was finished, an we were
getting screwed.  So I changed

    gtk_signal_connect (embeddable, "destroy", ...)

    gtk_signal_connect_after (embeddable "destroy", ...)

Now, bonobo-text-plain really is an antiquated Bonobo component.  I
wrote it ages ago when I was trying to figure out how Bonobo worked.
Modern Bonobo Embeddable components (non-controls) should be written
like the Gill component, and should subclass
BonoboEmbeddable/BonoboView.  In that case, I think these issues might
be clearer, since you're going to have to override the embeddable
destroy function.

Nat