Re: Control::reactivate_and_undo

Chuck Jazdzewski writes:
 > > Chuck, I think you're right.  I'll move this to view/embeddable.
 >
 > Thanks.

    Chuck, I changed my mind.  Just because the methods are there
doesn't mean that they have to be implemented in order for the control
to work.  And we have controls right now that want the undo/redo
ability.

    Just so you know, those methods are only there so that we can get
a really small corner case correct.  The case is the following: You
have a control in a container.  You activate the control.  You delete
a word.  You click on the container, deactivating the control.  Then,
you hit undo.

    What the user expects is that you will undo the last editing
action, which was in the control.  So we have the
reactivate_and_undo() method on controls.

    Now, in libbonobo this translates to a "reactivate_and_undo"
signal being raised by the BonoboControl GtkObject.  The control
implementation can choose to implement it or not to implement it, at
his option.

    I do know that we need this functionality in controls.  So I think
it should either remain there as-is or be relegated to a separate
interface that we QI for.

    Thoughts?

Nat