Re: Patch for review.

Maciej Stachowiak writes:

 > In the local bypass case, it would be good to just avoid doing
 > anything if we're getting a second X11 ID which is also local. In
 > fact, I'm not sure the patch is correct right now because it would try
 > to add the control a second time to the parent of the socket, and I
 > don't even know what it does to try to pack something a second time
 > into the same box. I'd test this patch, but since it also breaks the
 > API, it would be a pain to try it on Nautilus, my usual test case for
 > the local socket bypass hack.

    Part (a) of this patch doesn't break the API at least, and it only
affects that one function in bonobo-control-frame.c.  I'll look more
carefully at this now with an eye to your local bypass.

 > >         c. Adds an "autoactivate" facility to controls which allows
 > >            them to automatically be activated when they get focus.
 > >            This way, when you click on a control, it knows to merge
 > >            it's menus/toolbars.  This feature is off by default (so
 > >            that Views get the right behavior, basically), but
 > >            BonoboWidget turns it on.
 >
 > Pardon if this is an obvious question, but why would auto-activation
 > by default be bad for Views?

    Because Views, which get embedded in documents, have a cover which
you double-click on to activate them.  I'm not sure if this is the
right thing; I just work here.

Nat