Re: bonobo-media thoughts ...

On 24 Dec 2000 14:01:28 +0100, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, Michael Meeks wrote:
>
> >         I was just thinking about your IDL; and I think using Monikers is
> > probably a good thing ( how did you know I would say that ).
>
> OK so here's my plan:
> 1. Several components implementing Bonobo::Media::Stream and
> Bonobo::Media::{Audio,Video}, plus some Persist interfaces.
> 2. A widget that controls a ::Stream, one that controls an ::Audio, and
> one that controls a ::Video
> 3. A media player control that implements a Persist interface: if you load
> it some media data, it launches a stream implementation (based on the mime
> type -- i.e. using a file: moniker), queries for its auxiallary interfaces
> (::Audio and ::Video) and builds its user interface from the widgets
> described in (2).
> 4. A media player application that's just a shell around (3) (i.e. it
> resolves a file: moniker to a Bonobo::Control and gets (3))

I was just curious. Did you think about providing metadata on
Audio/Video streams as well?

For example, say I need to display the Music Title, or the Artist. It
would be rather pointless I think to use the Bonobo component for
playing the audio, but then have to handle my own logic for figuring out
the metadata.

Regards,
Ali