Re: Getting the iid of a component for activation?

Hi Elliot,

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Elliot Lee wrote:
> You can use any string you want for a GOAD ID (including UUIDs), and
> almost any string you want for an OAF IID (the constraint being the
> "OAFIID:" prefix and not using the [], characters).

        For reference we added some code to od-load.c in this area to make
monikers compatible with oaf activation by IID that reserves '[' ']' ','
'!', '#' and '|' for future expansion, it also validates the IID against
these chars to avoid problems.