Re: gnome-vfs dependency for bonobo (was gnome_mime vs. gnome_vfs_mime)

Hi George,

        I concur broadly with much of what you say; however the reasoning
at the end worries me:

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, George wrote:
> 2) GNOME 2.0 should be out in 2001.  If we want to keep the support of
> companies like Sun or even keep existing users, we must provide new
> stable releases.

        I think a constant stream of new 'stable' releases is not good for
anyone, I am suprised that you want to get Gnome 2.0 out quickly, surely
it is more important to be correct than fast. A lot of work will need to
be done to Bonobo to start merging it with UNO, and I in no way feel that
this should be rushed in any way whatsoever.

        I think it is of vital importance to get the core infastructure as
good as humanly possible, and then release it and commit to not changing
it at all and providing as much backwards compatibility as possible for
ever. This militates against very rapid release cycles.