Dumb moniker questions (was Re: Bonobo dependencies ...)

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 12:47:30PM -0500, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> Yep.  Please check my newly spiced up HTML web page with other
> examples that we believe can help make the GNOME system more
> consistent:
>
>     http://primates.helixcode.com/~miguel/monikers.html

OK, I have some really dumb questions about Monikers. Please feel free to
ignore them.

 1) Can I access a document using HTTP, and decompress it along the way?

      http://www.foo.com/bigfile.gz#gunzip

 2) Can I refer to an HTML NAME using '#'?

      http://www.foo.com/gnu-tools.html#ls

 3) If the answers to (1) and (2) are both "yes", what happens in the
    following (potentially ambiguous) situation? Does it depend on the
    interface I requested, the MIME type of gnu-tools.html, or what?

      http://www.foo.com/gnu-tools.html#gunzip

 4) Under what circumstances will I need to use long, hexadecimal numbers
    to identify things? And when will I be able to use something like
    'org.myproject.mycomponent' (as in Java)?

 5) How do I access a file named 'myfile!ab#foo', or something similarly
    perverse?

Thank you for any helpful insights!

Cheers,
Eric