Re: Splitting GUI and non-GUI parts of bonobo

Derek Simkowiak <dereks@kd-dev.com> writes:

> > I propose libbonobo as the name for the non-GUI lib, and
> > libbonobo-control as the name for the GUI one. The namespace will
> > still be "bonobo_" for both.
>
> 	Alternate name proposal: What about libbonobo and
>
> libbonobo-delegate
>
> 	...as a more technically accurate name?  See

I read the link and I don't understand why "delegate" is an
appropriate name in this context. This library would implement the
client and server portions of those Bonobo interfaces that only make
sense in a GUI context. However, some of these are more like models
than like controllers, views or delgates. For instance, the
Bonobo::Embeddable interface in some ways serves as the model for
associated Bonobo::Views.

I would like to do this library split by next Wednesday, if no one
objects. I will copy ,v files on the CVS server rather than moving
them, and then cvs delete them; I believe this is the best approach to
renaming or moving files in CVS, since the filesin the new locations
have all their history, but old versions can still be reproduced from
CVS.

 - Maciej