sodipodi ...

Hi Lauris,

	I'm extremely interested in your sodipodi app. There are also a
number of pipedreams I have had floating around for a while not getting
done. Just so they can be trialed by flame I cross-post here.

	a) How is document / view done in sodipodi ?

	IMHO doing document-view with the canvas is currently evil and
involves writting a load of but-ugly, inflexible support code that is
somewhat error prone. I see no reason why with a tad. of cunning logic
that we cannot implement a thin and generic canvas_mv_ set of functions
that would proxy each item and distribute arguments and events as
neccessary, giving trivial doc/view support to all canvas users ( which
will I think be increasingly neccessary in future ) ( this was one
requirement of the dia people to move to the canvas ).

	b) Printing; does sodipodi print ?

	Another balmy project I envisage is a bit of code to traverse a
canvas hierarchy, and render the a group scaled do a certain width/heigh
to a GnomePrintContext. Clearly this will only work well for standard
canvas components, but I suppose the single print method neccessary could
be hooked into the object data for exotic itmes [ I know, class data in an
instance sucks ]. Presumably if printing is not implemented, and this is
thought to be a good idea it would be extremely helpful for other people
to genericise it ( and come GTK 1.4 each canvas object can have a print
interface ).

	c) Printing; bonobo-wise ...

	I was hoping to add printing support via. bonobo to sodipodi,
which could be rather fun, I'm just having a look at it