Re: Toolbar control frames.

Miguel de Icaza writes:

 > >  > Is there any chance we can have mixed support for this?
 > >
 > > Yes.. it's more complicated but I can do that.
 >
 > Ok, this is not important for now.  So lets ignore it.

    Idea: reinstate all the old code, and allow you to pass a widget
as a toolbar item.  The local UIH will wrap it in a control and pass
it to the toplevel, which is the only place GtkToolbars will be
created.

    One problem is you can't get UIH signals on such items, but that's
to be expected.  This will require a minimal amount of code, too.  The
other issue is that you can't pass whole GtkToolbars/arbitrary dock
items as widgets.  Or maybe I'll add some code so you can.

 > I was thinking that you said that Controls did not include the wrapper
 > widget and it was harder for the user to work with controls.
 >
 > If workig with controls is hard, we need to fix this (ie, moving as
 > much code as needed from the Views to the controls).

    Oh, yes, this is true.

 > So, can you do this?  :-)
 >
 > Or I guess we can copy the epv and then modify our epv to be
 > different, right?

    Oh, yes.  We can do this.

nat