Re: Toolbar control frames.

>  > Is there any chance we can have mixed support for this?
>
> Yes.. it's more complicated but I can do that.

Ok, this is not important for now.  So lets ignore it.

>  > >     Another issue is that a component has to recreate all of the
>  > > controls every time it gets focus.  Not sure if this is going to be a
>  > > performance problem; if it is, I can implement hide/show methods which
>  > > toggle the visibility of the GnomeDock into which the toolbars get
>  > > embedded.
>  >
>  > This seems like the best approach, to minimize the code the
>  > component-implementor needs to write.  Can we get this?
>
>     No, it's not a code-minimization issue.  My code handles all of
> the control-wrapping for the component author.  They just call
>
> 	  gnome_ui_handler_add_toolbar (uih, "toolbar_name",
> 					toolbar_widget);

I was thinking that you said that Controls did not include the wrapper
widget and it was harder for the user to work with controls.

If workig with controls is hard, we need to fix this (ie, moving as
much code as needed from the Views to the controls).

>  > Yes, you are correct.  Now, how do we make Views behave correctly if
>  > they derive from Controls?
>
>     We override the _new() method for views, and get the normal Bonobo
> size negotiation semantics.

So, can you do this?  :-)

Or I guess we can copy the epv and then modify our epv to be
different, right?

Best wishe,
Miguel.