Re: GNOME::ClientSite::save_object

Hello Mathieu,

    Various things:

    1. I have not yet applied your patch as I did a lot of
       reorganization to Bonobo.  Please mail me tomorrow morning a
       reminder so that I get my lazy-butt to review and apply your
       patches.

    2. About:

> My small question today:
> I just wonder why this GNOME::ClientSite::save_object
> exists...

       The idea here is that a component might want to inform its
       container that its contents must be saved and it is a pretty
       straightforward method to have.

> However, i saw no preview stuff and i wonder if it is
> possible to save an X window image to be used as a preview.
> Is this feasable and expected to be done in Bonobo, or
> allready done or is simply this interface useless in its
> present state ?

       We do have the code for gdk-pixbuf now and as soon as GNOME
moves to gdk-pixbuf, we should be able to save previews.

Miguel.