Re: bonobo-doc sample container/embeddable code

Nat Friedman <nat@nat.org> writes:

> Mathieu Lacage writes:
>  >
>  > yes... but i Reimplemented the CORBA interfaces by hand.
>  > this is not exactly what nat exemples are for...
>
>     I'm not sure exactly what the purpose of reimplimenting these by
> hand is; Bonobo is supposed to provide a nice default implementation
> of these interfaces.  It is based on the Gtk object model, so it is
> easy to use and extend.

Yes, you are  right: it is beautifull (i mean it) and elegant
but understanding the relationships between the interfaces in not really
an easy task if looking at this implementation which, quite rightly,
hides all CORBA from the programmer.

The idea was to show how the interfaces work, not how the API
work. The api is straightforward to understand thanks to its excellent
doc and to the samples with bonobo. The document i wrote concentrates
on the CORBA stuff, not its GNOME implementation or anything else.
There is some discussion on GNOME/Bonobo implementation but only when it
serves as a way to understand the fundamental points. ie: the CORBA
interfaces.

Mathieu