Re: Q: gnome-object reference counting

> If I am not mistaken, they don't increase the same refcount...
> gnome_object_ref/unref use corba to ref/unref the CORBA::Object
> which is encapsulated in the GnomeObject... This allows you to
> ref/unref distant objects.

Nope.

Currently:

	(1) to ref/unref the Gtk object, use: gtk_object_ref/unref:
	(2) to ref/unref an *aggregate* gnome-object use: gnome_object_ref/unref
	(3) to ref/unref a *remote* GNOME object: GNOME_Unknown_ref/GNOME_Unknown_unref

We *could* probably make the ref/unref methods in Bonobo be virtual
methods of GnomeObject, so that we can override the behaviour for them
for GnomeObjectClient (and then have a unified handling for cases (2)
and (3)).

Miguel.