Re: Bonobo 0.1 release plans.

Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> wrote:

> Why do we have to rename this at all?
>
> "component" is definitely a misnomer for an interface with those
> particular three methods. It'd be nice to use "object", but "obj" works.

	I'm not really sure how "component" is a misnomer, except in
the historical context of what it used to mean in Bonobo-land.  But
that has changed now that GNOME::Component is now a
GNOME::BonoboObject.

	In English, a component is really a very general term, and
when we speak of building a "component model," we are speaking in very
general terms.  So I think that having the underlying base object in
our component model be called "component" is actually a good thing.
Using the word "component" to refer to anything more specific would
surely be misleading.

	With regards to GNOME::obj, well, "objs" are just hard to talk
about, mainly when you try to pluralize.

Nat