Re: GOAD vs GNORBA?

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Eric Kidd wrote:

> I was reading through the various ORBit documentation (on the web) and came
> across two terms: GOAD and GNORBA. Two questions:

(both of which are GNOME-specific, and belong on the GNOME lists instead
of orbit-list).

>  * Are GOAD and GNORBA the same thing?

Not exactly.

>  * If not, what is the difference between them?

"gnorba" (as in "libgnorba") is the library that holds all the GNOME CORBA
framework. GOAD (the "GNOME Object Activation Directory") is a part of
libgnorba that takes care of getting in touch with a particular CORBA
server (either by starting it up or by talking to the existing server).

-- Elliot
Who me? I just wander from room to room.