Re: CORBA stuff

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999 Mlacage@aol.com wrote:

> I noticed that gnorba uses the folowing "context graph" (i think this
> is how it is called) : GNOME->servers->anything Why ? Why not using a
> flat structure ? If so, was this documented somewhere other than the
> sources ? Perhaps should this be added to gnorba doc ? (if not
> allready)

I have no idea what you are referring to, sorry.

> Also, i noticed by browsing into goad-browser.c sources that one makes a call
> to CosNaming_NamingContext_resolve with a CORBA_Object instead of a true
> naming context object. In C++, we should have used an explicit type casting
> with the _narrow suffix to cast from CORBA_Object returned by
> gnome_get_name_service to a naming context. Is there such a thing in C ?

No, since all it is is "typedef CORBA_Object CosNaming_NamingContext;"
anyways.

> Is the Interface referentiel implemented ? (mm: not sur about hte name: the
> thing which allows you to browse through the ORB orbjects interfaces) This
> should be part of ORBIT, no ?

You mean the interface repository? There is no implementation of this in
ORBit yet, but you can use a IR daemon from any source (e.g. the Mico IR)
if you want this functionality.

> is the file structure of .gnorba files documented somewhere ?

I think info is in whitepapers/SystemConfig/SystemConfig.sgml

-- Elliot
Who me? I just wander from room to room.