Re: xpdf & ui-handler ...

Michael Meeks <michael@imaginator.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > Gnome-ui-handler only handles menu and toolbar definition and
> > exchanging between nested components.
>
> 	Right, it did look like quite a fat interface :-) I assume then
> that some components nest with menus etc. and some just don't; fair.

	Right.  Some embedded components might want to add or override
the menu or toolbar items in the top-level container; that's what the
UIHandler lets them do.  It's actually somewhat complicated to do
right, and as far as I know, Bonobo is the only one to actually tackle
the problem.  Microsoft OLE has a very nasty system for this, and I
think KDE just replaces the container's menu with the embedded
component's menu (at least, that's what Mosfet's interview implied).

Tooting own horn,
Nat