Re: ORBit server question

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Michael Lausch wrote:

> That's not what i want. I don't care about clients blocking upon their
> own requests (for now). I do care about clients blocking, because the
> server is busy working on a request from another client (deny of
> service attacks come to my mind). Also operations can really last a
> long time because it's used for DB accesses and a query can run for
> quite a time to produce the results wanted.

In the implementation for a specific operation, you can do
	giop_main_iteration(FALSE);
to tell it to go and check if any incoming requests are available, and if
so handle them... This will still turn requests into a LIFO type of thing
though.

You're going to either have to use threads, or build your DB request
processing code to operate in a non-blocking fashion...

-- Elliot
Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from smart
people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart
terminals.  -- obs@burnout.demon.co.uk