Re: [gtk-list] Re: Problems with GTK+ .99.8 and Imlib 1.1

Andreas Tille <tille@physik.uni-halle.de> writes:

> On Mon, 23 Mar 1998 raster@redhat.com shouted ;-):
>
> > have you gotten the absolute latest imlbi from the cvs archive (where
> > gtk, gnome imlib etc. reside)? get that first.. it will most likely fix
> > all your problems.. :)

> Could you point to a ftp address?  I use
>
>     ftp://ftp.labs.redhat.com/pub/imlib/TAR/Imlib-1.1.tar.gz
>
> I couldn't find any imlib related package at my lokal GTK+ mirror.
> What is the OFFICIAL Imlib site to get the latest version if available?

You can get CVS snapshots via ftp from:

ftp://ftp.jimpick.com/pub/gnome/snap/imlib/

Unfortunately, Gnome 0.13 was released - dependent on an Imlib that
wasn't released.  IMHO, it's a cop-out to make a point release that is
dependent on stuff that is still in the CVS - everything needed should
have been released together

It screwed me up (I'm trying to build Debian packages) - and it seems
to have messed up a lot of other innocent people too.  (I'm not bitter
though - just a bit aggravated)

Somebody deserves to be spanked for that one.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim

PGP signature