Re: ORBit (was Re: * mico)
- From: Bart Schuller <schuller lunatech com>
- To: Elliot Lee <sopwith cuc edu>
- Cc: gnome-components-list gnome org, gimp-devel xcf berkeley edu, ben sesnet com
- Subject: Re: ORBit (was Re: * mico)
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 13:06:10 +0100
On Wed, Feb 18, 1998 at 11:31:59PM -0500, Elliot Lee wrote:
> So, I think we need to write a nice ORB from scratch in C, to be a
> language independant ORB, with all the features (DII, DSI, Any type,
> client-side IR support) needed to make it usable from scripting languages.
> We could aim for C, Scheme, and ObjC bindings to start with, then go on as
If you're implementing a new Orb, it might be wise to also follow the
new spec (which is CORBA 2.1 at the moment), maybe even looking at
what's in the pipeline.
Particularly if you're supporting different activation modes, the POA is
a better guide than the BOA (which it replaces).
Bart Schuller firstname.lastname@example.org At Lunalabs, where the
Lunatech Research http://www.lunatech.com/ future is made today..
Partner of The Perl Institute http://www.perl.org/ Linux http://www.li.org/
] [Thread Prev