Re: Python mico (was RE: Can't get CVS tree or Component Mailing List)

Thanks Phil,  I did get the message from the component list?  Guess it's
not the most active list on GNOME. Shame, too, cuz it's probably the most
important.

Anyway, as far as Python and FNORB are concerned, I'm working my way
through all that, albeit a bit slowly due to work.  My long term goal was
to see if I could get FNORB to use MICO as an Interface Repository as
opposed to OmniBroker like it is now.

I was curious to see if anybody was working along similar lines or if
there was a different tack that they were approaching with.  Another way I
thought was possible was to make a IDL compiler directly for MICO, given
the draft proposal at http://www.python.org.  But I couldn't find
information on whether this was possible or not.  Any pointers would be
appreciated.

As I see it, it's necessary to get some of the language support in there
as quickly as possible.  Some of the languages would have to be Python,
Scheme, C++, and C.

It's a shame that we couldn't go with ILU because a lot of the language
support was in there already.  It was just a matter of writing the
interfaces for GTK+, GDK, imLib, etc. Oh well... guess it's more fun this
way.

Cheers,

aadi.deshpande
school://njit.edu/senior/                       732.296.1285
work://arcus.net/developer/                     212.501.8122