Re: GNOME & KOM/OP

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Anders W. Tell wrote:

> Yes you are right. There is one problem however and that is when you
> pass object references to other objects. This works ok as long as they
> exist in the same adress space but if you pass the reference to another
> machine then there is a need for an orb on the middle with an object
> adapter.  An example of this is callback. Or is this possible without an
> orb ? (please correct if Im wrong).

"ORB" includes the stub interface as presented to the application. Once
the application makes that Stub_Frobate() call, as far as the application
is concerned, the ORB has taken care of the request. Whether or not the
request gets delivered in the same address space is totally transparent to
both the calling application and the called implementation function, and
therefore irrelevant as far as compliance goes.

-- Elliot
Do you ever just feel thankful that you know me and have access to my
dementia? Explain. Be prepared to discuss in class.