Scanner detection (with a networked all-in-one)

Hi,

I currently own a HP Photosmart C6280 all-in-one, connected via
built-in JetDirect.

Simple Scan automatically "sees" the scanner function of my all-in-one
as soon as I have added the printer.

However GNOME Color Manager doesn't seem to pick-up on this. I can
vaguely recall a conversation where I think there were some practical
issues making this work.

The thing is: is there a way to manually add my scanner for the time
being, so can I benefit from Simple Scan embedding the scanner
profile.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn