Ubuntu 11.10 unable to laod monitor profile - no monitor to, select (Mark Blades)

On 17/10/11 20:31, gnome-color-manager-list-request gnome org wrote:
  Ubuntu 11.10 unable to laod monitor profile - no monitor to
       select (Mark Blades)
Thanks for the prompt reply Richard. As I use the nvidia proprietary drivers (incidentally these were installed by canonical in the update to oneiric as the default video driver) and have been since lucid, I think I will stick with them. If I switch to nouveau and experience difficulties, I cannot afford the time to sort these out on a machine I need for productivity. I will set up a spare desktop and experiment first.

In maverick and natty I was able to use the gcm frontend to at least select profiles that I had first created using the argyll command line tools. It seems this is no longer the case in Oneiric. Dispwin seems to still work so I will stick with this for loading profiles for the present.

I hope in future that nvidia become more forthcoming about their driver architecture or that Canonical employ the nouveau drivers out of the box.

Thank you for the best attempt at a serious colour management tool on the *nix OS.

Mark