Re: colord dependancy on polkit-gobject-1 >= 0.103

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> On 29 December 2011 13:33, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl> wrote:
>> I just tried to rebuild colord git master on Ubuntu Oneiric, but I
>> can't, since oneiric only ships 0.102:
>> http://gitorious.org/colord/master/commit/c7e5a8b0f15cd43e788ea9da145c4265a51b6899
>> So is this really required for the time being?
>
> I think Oneiric ships with the polkit patched with the backported
> functionality that was introduced in 0.102. Can you try lowering the
> configure.ac requirements and seeing if it still works?

For the time being I just reversed that single patch myself, before
running make dist, which is a bit of a kludge, since the tarball
version number isn't entirely accurate anymore...

However everything does seems to build/work then. So I just a new
colord/gcm to my PPA... Jimmac's art rocks BTW.

That said, if any future patches are going to depend on the above
commit, I'm going to be in a world of pain support newer GCM versions
on Ubuntu Oneiric.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn