Re: Switching monitor color profile

Thank Richard and Pascal for the replies.
The profile im trying to use seems to be autocreated usinng EDID data from my monitor. (attached)
In profile details it is really says "Display correction: No" but in/out graph is not linear, so it can be used for correction, right?

Why it says "Display correction: No" if EDID data should be used for display color correction? or I am wrong here?
My monitor is Apple Cinema and when I plug it into the mac it also autocreates the color profile and uses it to adjust colors just fine.
Haven't tried to use icc generated by mac on linux, interesting if it will work.

Filipp

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
On 7 December 2011 12:25, Filipp <filipp azib net> wrote:
> Hello, dear list.

Greetings!

> Could someone explain what is wrong? should the color profile be applied
> instantly at all?

Yes, the gamma changes are applied instantly, but the gamma changes
can only be seen if the profile has the VCGT data. If you click "View
details" for the profile, you should have a profile that says "Display
correction: Yes"

There's more information about this if you click the "Learn more" link
in the color panel, and there's tons of data about profiles and
display correction there.

Richard