Re: Switching monitor color profile

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Filipp <filipp azib net> wrote:
> Hello, dear list.
>
> When i switch the profile for the monitor in the gnome settings, nothing
> happens. i see no color changes on the screen. In the colord docs is written
> that gamma parameters should be adjusted via xrandr, but it does not happen.
>
> I can see the profiles order changing with colormgr tool.
> and seems my driver supports randr 1.3
> $ xrandr -v
> xrandr program version       1.3.5
> Server reports RandR version 1.3

Which displaydriver are you using?

> Could someone explain what is wrong? should the color profile be applied
> instantly at all?
>
> Sorry if it is a wrong place to ask this question, but i tried to google it
> and could not find anything.

It's hard to make generic statements here...

Did you generate the profile in question with your own colorimeter? Or
did you get it from a vendor or somewhere else?

Maybe you could attach the generated profile so we can take a look at
it to make sure the profile is ok?

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn