creation of monitor profiles from GCM

Hi:

I have had GCM installed for a while now (on Ubuntu Maverick) but have
been unable to create monitor profiles from the GUI using my spyder 2
pro.  Is this supported from GCM?

I have been using Argyll with the spyder  to create profiles from the
command line which GCM applies without a problem but the create profile
for device button is grayed out.

The info panel states that Per device settings not supported. check your
display driver (an Nvidia gforce 7900 using the ubuntu tested nvidia
drivers)

Any help gratefully received.

MArk