Re: Deleted screen never reappears in GCM device panel

On 17 October 2010 21:02, Vivien Perez <vivien perez gmail com> wrote:
> I deleted the screen by using the Remove button in the Device panel. I'm
> using the ATI driver (fglrx 2:8.780-0ubuntu2).

Right, I've not tested GCM with any of the non-free drivers, although
it should work.

> I noticed that running "gcm-prefs -v" in a terminal gave an error message
> related to my screen's edid:
> TI:21:49:53.860823    FI:gcm-client.c    FN:gcm_client_xrandr_add,607
>  - failed to set for output: failed to parse edid

Ohh, can you attach the .bin file from gcm-dump-edid please.

> So I'm wondering whether my problem could be related to this edid issue.

Sure, GCM just uses the edid to get the device data for the monitor.

> Will gcm correctly detect my screen if I manually specify it in the
> device-profiles.conf file?

Yes, although I'm not sure GCM will assign the profile and set things
like the vcgt data if you do this. It would be better to fix the
profile parsing in my opinion.

Richard.