GCM and digiKam - how to configure?

Hi GCM developers / enthousiasts,

I have a question which I could not find the answer for in fora, manuals, color management theorie, etc. Can I use GCM and digiKam succesfully on the same computer, with good colors? And how?

Should I enable color management on both, or on one of them? And which suboptions? I looked at the results of switching the folowing options, but didn't figure it out.

digiKam:
- Enable Color Management
- Use color managed view (in editor / for previews and thumbnails)

GCM:
- Apply display correction
- (Set profile for color managed applications.)

According tot the digiKam manual Xcalib / Argyll are alternatives to the option 'Use color managed view' in digiKam.* So I supose CGM is too. Yet, when using CGM's 'Apply display correction' makes the screen darker, and using digiKamś 'Use color managed view' gives a brighter picture, while using the same profile. So I am confused.

Can you please help me?

Greetings,
Michiel