Re: Full screen color management

On 25 March 2010 12:07, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl> wrote:
> sRGB is really a one-size fits none solution :)

Well, color correcting everything to sRGB gets you 50% the way there,
but prevents the last 50% from ever being completed. And is makes the
best monitor in the world look just like the worst monitor in the
world.

> It's probably a good idea, however I do wonder how this will affect
> slow machines... netbooks anybody? Not that most folks will be doing
> graphics work on a netbook...

Sure, I'm guessing most of this will be done with DAMAGE and some
degree of OpenGL, although that's just an implementation detail.

> <ignorant>What's mutter?</ignorant>

metacity replacement.

Richard