color managing libraries

Testing LCMS with photo editing showed noticeable color degradation on operations which should show none.
I think I discovered why when I read LCMS documentation.

LCMS is madness.

It puts everything through the so called "sRGB" color space.
For those who are not familiar with this color spare, it is designed to represent what CRT monitors show by default with no color management.
It has a tiny color gamut and a discontinuity in gamma correction. (2 segments)
LCMS needlessly truncates the gamut of any operation (which is not already in the sRGB color space) by converting colors to that color space unconditionally.

Please, stop the madness.  Do not use LCMS.  Indications I saw in writing from the author (not addressed to me) indicate he is not receptive to acknowledging the poor handling his software does.

I am know little about Argyll, but will it suffice for all needs of gnome-color-manager?