10-but LUTs and the Dell U2711

I have a Dell U2711, which has 10 bits per channel over DisplayPort
(although I'm not sure that anything other than i915 can drive 10 bits
right now, and even i915 needs bleeding-edge drivers).  Can GCM
program a 10-bit video card LUT?

Also, the U2711 has an internal LUT, although no one seems to know how
to program it (even on Windows) or even whether it can be programmed
with anything other than a (not-very-good) factory calibration.
Richard, did your libcolor-glib work give you any ideas for how to
test for DDC control of a LUT on an unknown monitor?  I'd be happy to
test and fiddle.

--Andy