Re: libcolor-glib

On 19 July 2010 12:48, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
> Tell me, are you up to Nobel prize this year? :)

No, but I'm doing a talk at GUADEC and want to show some impressive demos.

> That sounds awesome! But I demand details about DDC :)

Right. Most of the core DDC logic belongs in the kernel, but a few of
the device specific controls probably belong in userspace. The
DreamColor display (which I'm hoping will arrive really soon now) will
allow us to test and use a 30bit LUT in Xorg, and display wide gamut
images. We need to use DDC controls to talk to the engine in the
display, and I'm also waiting for more detailed specs to come out of
HP. For what it's worth, HP have been very helpful indeed.

A lot of the stuff I've been working on recently (GLSL hardware
shaders, libcolor-glib) allows us to build a framework that's
acceptable to the big-name studios, and keeping to the "just works"
GNOME mantra.

There's still a lot of work to do, but it's coming on fast now. I
would really appreciate any help with the hardware parts, as a color
sensor giving "kinda approximate" XYZ values isn't particularly
useful.

Richard.