Conceptual questions

Hi,

I have a few conceptual questions. Currently GCM has preferences for RGB and CMYK working space, and "display" and "softproof" rendering intent. But what I think is missing for softproofing is a checkbox "Simulate media (paper) color" which when checked (which would be a good default), means absolute colorimetric intent should be used, otherwise relative colorimetric (_without_ black point compensation). Is my current understanding of the GCM UI intentions correct as follows:

Image -> "display" intent in GCM -> device (for non-softproofing)

Image -> "softproof" intent in GCM -> softproof colorspace (is there a way in GCM to choose a default for this?) -> relative without bpc or abscol (it is not clear to me which is used/assumed by GCM by default, I'd think abscol?) -> device

Regards,
--
Florian Höch
http://hoech.net