Re: GNOME 2.30 release

2010/1/27 Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl>:
> Since the release of GNOME 2.30 is actually around a couple of
> corners, I'm wondering in what way GCM 2.30 will be part of GNOME
> 2.30...

Well, it's waaaay too late to propose GCM for 2-30 -- but I am
intending to propose it for 2-32.

> I'm assuming it will be released simultaneously... But will it be
> considered as part of the "core" GNOME 2.30? (I'm afraid not?)

No, it won't. Most of the big distros seems to be shipping it already tho.

> Will GCM be mentioned in the GNOME 2.30 release notes, so people will
> actually know it exists, even if the distro's won't install it by
> default?

Well, I know for sure that Fedora will be installing it by default.
Even if it's a blessed module, it's still up to the distros whether
it's included by default.

Richard.