Re: Camera profile generation options

On 8 February 2010 15:04, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl> wrote:
> Are camera profiles generated with Argyll's default options? -q m -a l ?
>
> This might be fine for IT8 or other targets with lots of patches...
>
> But it's probably not such a good idea for a 24 patch ColorChecker, -q
> l -a S seems more appropriate...

Yes, this is a good idea, and a perfect patch for you to submit :-)

The kind of profile is listed in src/gcm-calibrate-argyll.h, which is
saved to priv->reference_kind, which is private data for the
GcmCalibrateArgyll object. You probably need to add a simple "if
(priv->reference_kind ==
GCM_CALIBRATE_ARGYLL_REFERENCE_KIND_COLOR_CHECKER)" rather than just
getting the type of profile (using
gcm_calibrate_argyll_precision_to_quality_arg) in the function
gcm_calibrate_argyll_device_generate_profile() which lives in
src/gcm-calibrate-argyll.c

Make a few changes, and just do "git diff > test.patch"

Attach the test.patch to an email (on the mailing list if you're
feeling brave, or just to me if you're feeling timid) and I'll give
you some feedback. Grab me on IRC if you are feeling really stuck /
lazy / busy.

Richard.