Re: Small thumbnails of targets

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> The attached file shows some new UI in gnome-color-manager -- it now
> supports more types of targets than just IT8. To be able to show the
> user a preview of what each target looks like, we need some 200x150
> pixel thumbnails of the different target types. These need to be
> GPLv2+ licenced, and have the specific vendor data removed. See the
> screenshot for an example.
>
> This would be a great way to help out gnome-color-manager if you are
> not comfortable with coding. The list of target types I need as
> thumbnails are:
>
> CMP_Digital_Target-3
> ColorChecker

I have just done these two...

> I've already done IT8.

I redid the IT8, we should called this IT8.7/2, since that's it's
proper name... There are other IT8 charts (I think those are mostly
for printing), using the full name should prevent any confusion.

With all the images, I scanned my own targets, and then followed this procedure:

1. Despeckle, Adaptive enabled, Recursive dislabed, Radius 3, Black
level 6, White level 255
2. Then possibly rotate the chart a bit to align it, and then crop it.
3. Then use GIMP Resynthesize to remove vendor text "Smart remove
selection", with 10px.
4. Possibly have GIMP do Auto White Balance (doesn't work always)

Without distorting aspect, my images could all be rounded to 200px by
140px. I think we should not distort aspect in any visible way.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn