Re: Information re. display gamma

Richard Hughes píše v So 06. 02. 2010 v 15:55 +0000:
> On 6 February 2010 10:39, Milan Knížek <knizek confy volny cz> wrote:
> > This means that the GCM would have to change a bit more: GCM must know
> > what the native monitor gamma is.
>
> We can do this, but in my experience the EDID data from the monitor is
> wrong more often than it's right...
>
> Richard.

I understand that getting the EDID data is unreliable at the moment.

In addition, some wide-gamut displays support pre-set calibration modes
emulating various colour spaces. The modes can be changed via hardware
buttons on the LCD.

For the time being, I would leave up to the user to select the proper
display profile (depending on the attached monitor and its calibration
mode) rather then only relying on EDID.

regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz