Profile description for laptop displays

Hi,

Currently GCM is using EDID to determine make and models for displays.
This information is then usually incorporated into the profile
make/model and description.

For external displays this is great behavior, however for laptops this
may get a bit confusing. An example:

My HP Compaq 6730s laptop has an el'cheapo Samsung panel for it's
display.  However, whenever a user wants to assign a profile to his
laptop screen, it's not obvious this HP laptop needs a profile with
Samsung in it's description. This may confuse people.

So for laptop display _descriptions_ it might be a good idea to use
the DMI Product Name instead of the panels EDID.

pmjdebruijn unicron:~$ sudo dmidecode  | grep -i compaq
	Product Name: HP Compaq 6730s

Please do note, I think we should keep using the panel's EDID for the
ICC profile make/model tags, since this is technically correct, no
matter if it's a laptop display or not. Only the description needs to
be made user friendly.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn