Re: LCMS dependency

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> 2009/12/10 Graeme Gill <graeme2 argyllcms com>:
>> Well of course icclib has support for accessing the vcgt tag.
>
> Sure, that's also a possibility.

Well, lcms is used by most OSS graphical apps for color management, so
lcms is a natural choice when we don't want to introduce new
dependancies into most systems in general.

But as long as lcms2 hasn't been released and packaged into most
distro's, it makes testing gcm a bit harder, which means feedback on
git versions might degrade.

Another slightly nasty option would be, to use lcms2, but just (for
now) include the code into the gcm repo until it has been released,
and just statically compile it into the gcm binaries.

And yes, I'll wash my mouth with some soap :)

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn