Gnome Chinese Community is calling for logo design

GNOME Chinese Community is calling for LOGO Design

GNOME.Asia Summit 2017 Chongqing was a cheerful success. Over a month has passed yet there still echoes in the memory of many of us the countless great moments; The honored guests, the excellent talks, the beautiful scenery of the mountain city and the local food and most of all the hospitality of the hosts, have all made this event unique and unforgettable.

In the hope of better-promoting GNOME and FOSS in the great China region, also strengthening the tie between GNOME and the Chinese local communities, GNOME Asia and GNOME Foundation, after much discussion, have decided to establish the GNOME Chinese Community in Jan 2018. This community will be covering major regions and countries including Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, etc. Since the Chinese language - either simplified or traditional Chinese - is widely used in these regions.

Now we are calling for a new logo design for the GNOME Chinese community. Anyone from the GNOME community or any other nonprofit Open-Source community is encouraged to participate in the making of this new logo and to offer a unique design. The selected logo will be later used on websites, social platforms, printouts and may also be presented in Open-Source events. Please note that we encourage the use of open source tools in designing this logo.

We welcome all friends to share ideas and make contributions. Please feel free to send us your logo design. And there is a very special gift offered by the GNOME ASIA COMMITTEE for the winning designer.

Requirements: the design is expected to combine key concepts or keywords of GNOME, Open Source, and the Chinese community Deadline: 24:00 28th Dec 2017 Publish time: Jan 2018 from GNOME Chinese Community Email:gnome chongqinglug org (Remark: for the email subject please use "GNOME Chinese Community LOGO Design") Design standards: it needs to comply with GNOME Foundation Guidelines https://www.gnome.org/logo-and-trademarks/

Email: kernel_biscuit gnome chongqinglug org

Please follow our social media for the latest news of GNOME.Asia 2017.