Fwd: GSoC and Outreachy are ON!

各位女生节日快乐!转发一个好消息,Google Summer of Code开放了。另外GNOME基金会的女性实习计划也开始了

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marina Zhurakhinskaya <marinaz redhat com>
Date: Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 11:29 AM
Subject: GSoC and Outreachy are ON!
To: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, GNOME Foundation <foundation-list gnome org>, gnome-soc-list <gnome-soc-list gnome org>, gnome-women-list <gnome-women-list gnome org>
Cc: soc-admins <soc-admins gnome org>, soc-mentors-list <soc-mentors-list gnome org>, gnome-outreachy-list gnome org, women-outreach <women-outreach gnome org>

Hi all,

GNOME was accepted for GSoC and is participating in Outreachy! \\o//

Thanks to mentors who've already listed GSoC project ideas! We currently only have four GSoC ideas, which are still open to new applicants, so please consider adding your idea if you are willing to mentor this summer [1].

Because we only usually have a few participants in Outreachy, we only offer projects that are most strategic for GNOME through it. These include, but are not limited to, projects in the area of privacy [2], developer experience, GTK+ [3], core experience, core applications [4], and web infrastructure. Please add your coding and non-coding ideas for Outreachy on its page [5]. You can put the same coding idea both on GSoC and Outreachy ideas pages.

In the next 3 weeks, prospective applicants are asked to work with mentors on making relevant contributions and putting together a project proposal [6] [7].

Everyone, please help us spread the word about both opportunities by encouraging people personally to apply, posting on social networks, sending the information to the university departments and technology groups, and posting the flyers on university campuses or handing them out at conferences. Sample e-mail, sample social network updates, and flyers are available on the spread the word page [8].

Thanks,
Marina

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreach/SummerOfCode/2015/Ideas
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/PrivacyProject2015