Re: GSoC

Dear Botu,

The purpose of GSoC is to attract students to get involved in developing Free and Open Source Software.

In order to be selected, you should be already doing something related to any of the FOSS project and hopefully your GSoC project will be selected as you are competing with other students who are already contributing to FOSS on a daily basis :)

So what kind of FOSS projects have you been contributing so far? What are you familiar with? Do you have any project idea yet? You should probably read http://code.google.com/soc/ already and learnt about all the criteria to be selected.

You still have a few months to prepare, maybe you can go to the local community e.g. Beijing GNOME User Group (www.bjgug.org) , Emily has been helping a few students to get involved in GSoC e.g. Dalong and Jesse. Join their meetings and talk to those who has experience. Good luck!

Dear all,

For those who doesn't know Botu, he has been joining BLUG meetings since 2007 (or maybe before) when he was in high school and from what I know he is a passionate FOSS user and computer science student from 北科大。 He also hosted Software Freedom Day event in his university in order to help promoting FOSS further to benefit more people. I guess some of you may already met Botu and I am sure Botu can introduce himself better to everybody.

Everybody please welcome Botu and give your helping hand to him :)

Cheers,
Pockey