Removing deprecated GTK widgets & adding CSS classes

Hey everyone,

Recently, I've been very interested in developing for gnome-calculator, and over the last few weeks, I finally got to working on bug 743499 and creating bug 767394, and it's the latter I would like to take about.

I've been meaning to remove all the deprecated widgets and properties (such as GtkTable -> GtkGrid, GtkVBox -> GtkBox) and while I'm at it, adding css classes to the ui files. However, I would like some feedback on the current WIP patch to see if I'm going in the right direction with this, so as not to waste neither mine nor the maitainers' time :)

So, is there anyone who could help me a bit? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Niels De Graef