Fwd: [GSOC] Improve calculation back-end of Calculator

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chunyang Xu <xuchunyang56 gmail com>
Date: 2014-03-05 10:59 GMT+08:00
Subject: [GSOC] Improve calculation back-end of Calculator
To: arth svnit gmail com

Hi,

I am a third year student of Information engineering at Southeast
University, Nanjing, China. I am a gnome user for the past 3 years. I
am interested in improving Calculator and participating in the Summer
of Code. I feel comfortable with C/C++ and have some experience in
gtk+/vala.

I have already built Calculator using jhbuild and read some code
related to the idea. I am a bit confused about this. Do you mean we
should use get/set methods in Number class for dynamic length? in
number.vala line 43: private const int T = 100; so what does this
constant use for? fixed length Numbers?

By the way, is the idea big enough for a whole summer work?

Best regards,
Chunyang Xu